Discover a world of natural wonder at any beautiful Henderson, Nevada park. Enjoy hiking trails where you can walk beneath shaded tree groves or find playgrounds and splash parks for the kids to enjoy. Outdoor adventure is just beyond your door. Check out some of the best Henderson Nevada parks, and learn about the wonders this region has to offer.
Henderson’s Parks and Trails Are Stunning
If you live in Henderson, planning for spring couldn’t be easier. The town is filled with plenty for all to appreciate. Henderson has been a designated Tree City USA for over 30 years, with more than 30,000 trees throughout our beloved town.
Henderson offers no fewer than 68 parks to enjoy. You’ll find plenty to do at any one of these locations. Most parks provide bathrooms and parking areas, too.
Preserving our Parks and Trails
Henderson is exceptionally proud of our parks and trails. We have an environmental policy to help maintain the areas. When you enjoy these well-tended public spaces, be sure to leave everything as you found it. Clean up after yourself. Always be respectful of the world around you. This ensures that these places will be here for many generations to come.
Fantastic Parks and Trails to Enjoy
With 68 parks to enjoy, you’ll find a few locations to visit wherever you reside. Just a few of the best parks around include:
● Acacia Park on Casa Del Fuego Street. A serene location, Acacia Park offers barbecues, ball fields, a dog park, open grass, covered picnic areas, splash pads, and playgrounds.
● Cactus Wren Park on Ivanpah Drive. View desert beauty at this location. You’ll find a ball field, barbecues, accompanied by open grass, picnic shelters, and a skate park.
● Discovery Park on Paseo Verde Parkway. This family-friendly park is excellent for picnics with horseshoe pits, shelters and tables, barbecues, ball courts, a playground, and plenty of walking trails.
● McCullough Hills Trail & Trailhead on Mission Drive.
Enjoy a spread of activities at McCullough Hills. Bike trails are accessible alongside paths perfect for trail runners. Parks and educational kiosks are also located here, where you can learn about the wildlife and flora of the region.
● Paseo Verde/Amargosa Trailhead on Paseo Verde Parkway. Take to the trails! This location offers miles of hiking and delightful options like a bocce ball court. There is plenty of open grass for running and playing.
● Whitney Mesa Recreation Area on Galleria Drive. Want something for the whole family? This park offers adventure activities like day camps for kids, archery ranges, basketball and tennis courts, topped with hiking and biking trails.
Proud of Our City Parks
Henderson is proud of our city parks. Our home is a place where anyone can enjoy the great outdoors. No matter where you are in the valley, you too can find a beautiful Henderson park to enjoy.